Error installing gnucash2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Intel)

Brian Levy brian.levy.esq at rogers.com
Sun Dec 21 20:01:00 EST 2008

I did not do anything unusual.  I did stay with the stable election though
electing unstable offers more variety of apps.

After trying and finding out I needed to install X11 from the Apple disc,
just did it and then went back and read the Fink instructions including just
doing the selfupdate, etc. and finally typing fink install gnucash. All went
well with no problems. I am using 10.5.6 having installed the update that
day. I'm using an iBook with the G4 and not an Intel.

As for deleting it from fink, I'd vote no only as it worked for me.  I've
not tried it so do not what it does not do that 2.x.x. does.  I've got 2.2.8
loaded on my XP and Vista machines.  My bookkeeping requirements are simple,
year end bookkeeping for may business, no invoices, etc. I do not use the
web for payments, bank recon, investments, etc. A simple basic bookkeeping
system is what is needed.  I am not using the iBook for bookkeeping and
mounted Gnucash as I recognized the app in the list.  I'll try gnucash2 and
see how it goes but I do not remember it in the listing.