Announcement: Evaluation of GnuCash Data in OpenOffice.org

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 20:59:25 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Don H <don.harville at att.net> wrote:

> Excellent macro, makes it much easier to see where my money is going.
>
> I do have a question.  In Gnucash there are parent accounts and child
> accounts.  The parent account shows the total of all of the child accounts
> under it.  Is there a way to show the parent account totals in OpenOffice
> vs. just seeing all of the accounts?

What version of Openoffice are you using? I have had absolutely no luck with
3.0, as has been reported by others, despite the fact that there are
instructions for manually installing the macro, which I've done. Unlike
others, in my case, the macros are present when you click 'Run Macro', but
SetGnucashFilePaths does not behave as the documentation says it will (the
first dialog does not have a heading on it explaining what file it's
attempting to find), but if you assume that it wants to be told where your
Gnucash file is and you do so, you get an error: "Error! TypeError encode()
argument(1) must be a string, not None". I guess I'll have to wait for OO
3.0.1 to appear in the Gentoo repository, unless someone has a bright idea.

/Don