Announcement: Evaluation of GnuCash Data in OpenOffice.org

Don H don.harville at att.net
Mon Dec 22 09:36:42 EST 2008

Hello Donald,
I am using OpenOffice 2.4, that is the latest version in Ubuntu.

Now I did see an error like you mentioned but that is because I was
selecting the wrong file.  So to make it work I did the following:

    * My Gnucash file is called Home Finances.  It is a Gzip file.  It is
located in a folder called Gnucash and it contains all of my Gnucash files
(e.g., main file, .log, .xac).
    * I loaded the macros into Openoffice.
    * I opened up Calc and ran the SetGnuCashFilePaths macro.
    * On the Pick Output Data File screen I selected the Gnucash file 'Home
Finances' and hit Open.
    * Next on the Enter Database Filename screen I entered the name of the
spreadsheet I would use in OpenOffice (I called it 'Where did my money go)
and hit Save.
    * At that point it created the database, and has worked every time I do
a refresh.

So if you doing the above and it isn't working I can only imagine that it
would be version related in OpenOffice.
Don H