Problems with dbi-connector and mysql

Oliver Brandt junk at oliverbrandt.de
Thu Dec 25 15:11:59 EST 2008

Hi!

thank you very much for gnucash. I've been using it for quite some time
to do my personal finances and it works great. Now I'm trying to help a
friend of mine, who needs to do accounting where multiple people can
work on the same data. So I thought of a combination of gnucash and
mysql. After researching for quite a while, I found out that the dbi
connector seems to be the way to do it. I spent about 4 hours to get
gnucash to build properly with the dbi-connector. But now I'm stuck
getting it to connect to the mysql database. I've installed a clean
version of mysql and executed the following mysql-command to have full
access to the database:

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO oliver at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxx' WITH GRANT
OPTION

Now I've tryed both the save and the load button in the database
connection outions. I staid wit the default options:

server: localhost
database: gnucash
user: oliver
password: xxx

I always get the message "the following url could not be processed:
mysql://localhost:gnucash:oliver:eis3Shia" original german message: "Die
folgende URL konnte nicht verarbeitet werden".

Same situation after I have created the database gnucash with "CREATE
DATABASE gnucash".

I'm really stuck and I could not find any more information neither
through google nore by reading the archives. I would really appreciate
it if you could point me into the right direction or towards some howto
or something similar.

Thank you very much!

Merry Christmas!

Oliver