FW: Reconciliation problem - State of transaction as reconciled is not preserved.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 28 15:56:12 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Avner <avner-moshkovitz at shaw.ca>:

> I have noticed that the ticking state of the transactions shows up according
> to the "Statement Date" in the "Reconcile Information" dialog box.
> If I choose a date which is earlier than the transaction, even though the
> transaction was earlier ticked in the "Reconcile" page, it will show up as
> NON ticked.
> For example, if the "Statement Date" is set to 10/31/2008 and the
> transaction is from 12/15/2008, then the transaction doesn't show up as
> ticked in the "Reconcile" page. If I change the "Statement Date" to
> 12/31/2008, then the transaction does show up as ticked in the "Reconcile"
> page.
> This is confusing. Is this a designed feature, or a bug?

This is a feature.   How could you have a statement dated January 1
with a transaction that didn't happen until January 5?  You can't.
So that's why the system works the way it does.

> Regrads,
> Avner

-derek