Some questions / requests from a QB convert

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 4 12:37:35 EST 2008

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> Heh. Sorry.
> My understanding of the above situation, is that if you process payment by
> selecting A, then A and B will be marked as paid, and there will be a sum
> allocated to C, but that isn't explicitly shown anywhere. (The ageing report
> will show that that customer only owes $100, though)
>
> However, if you start the process payment dialog with invoice B, for a payment
> of $200, then B will be marked as paid, leaving A and C unpaid.
> AFAIK, you can't pay B & C in a single txn, leaving A unpaid.
>
> Also, I don't believe that the aging report specifically shows paid/unpaid
> status on an invoice, I think that the "paid" flag is _only_ visible in the
> Find Customer -> Customer's Invoices dialog
>
> Warlord is THE expert on all this....

So far it's all correct.  :)

I'll just add that no, right now the list of columns in the search
results is hard-coded in the application, but adding a new column
is relatively easy.  Look in src/business/business-gnome/dialog-invoice.c
for where it builds the list of results columns for the various types
of GncInvoice.