OFX Direct Connect Setup Question

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 5 12:37:18 EST 2008

yetanother wrote:
> David,
> Thanks!  I've attached the  http://www.nabble.com/file/p15293705/ofx.log
> ofx.log  file [edited]
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, if you don't mind I'll put something in the OFX Direct Connect FAQ to
> show how to set the environment variable and get the ofx.log.  It will
> mention Windows systems as well (so others won't make the dumb mistake I did
> &-()

You're getting standard html back in the response, which means you
aren't sending to the real ofx server. You need to find out what the
current address of the ofx direct connect server is. One way that works
is to use Quicken to connect once, and read their logs. I haven't tried
Quicken 2008 yet, but all previous versions had some way to get at the
ofx logs. Of course, that means you either need to have an evaluation
version of Quicken, or a friend you can trust who has some working
version of Quicken.

Soon there are likely to be problems with direct connect sessions.
Quicken is disabling online functionality of Quicken 2005 on April 30.
At that point, it seems likely that Intuit will also change their server
software to require challenge questions for ofxdc users. If that
happens, there will certainly be a delay while the libofx and/or
aqbanking folks figure out how to code the new login features. With no
known public ofx test servers, it takes people willing to test on their
own accounts to make changes happen.

The challenge questions are supposedly multifactor authentication (now
overdue, according the the US government banking overseers...).

Please do add to the wiki. That's the way the wiki gets better.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net