Unrealized capital gains from stock accounts

placst80 paolo_cst at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 11 18:36:12 EST 2008

I saw some old discussion about the way the stock accounts are managed by
Gnucash, and I'm not completely satisfied of what i read. I'm looking for a
convenient, easy way to track the value of my assets, including stocks, on
daily basis, using strictly double entry accounting. I need to see something
like an "unrealized gain/loss" account, and an actuaized value of my stock
in the balance.
There's a way to do it? If ther's no way, it's planned by developers to
include this feature in future releases?
I think this could be a great improvement, second only to the "closing book
feature" in the "whish list" of the growing community of users.

Only my 2 cents,

Paolo Costa

-----
SW:    Gnucash 2.2.3, Windows XP SP2, Active Perl 588 Build 822
HW:    Sony Vaio VGN-FS 155M