Problems getting quotes for funds

Richard Ullger rullger at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 12 17:59:53 EST 2008

This issue has just been raised in another thread.

When you do a symbol lookup on yahoo now it returns a symbol made up of
the isin code and iso currency code, such as GB0003243465GBP, whereas
before it returned a symbol such as MFEXPG.L. Even Yahoo's site
complains, if you display the page for the fund, the area that displayed
the chart now displays the text 'Invalid Ticker'.

Regards,

Richard.