older transcations not shown in ledger

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 21:01:52 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Peter Dodwell <petrus1928 at gmail.com>:

> Hello all.
> I have recently started using gnucash in Linux Mint. I've entered historical
> transactions dating from  1 Jan 2007 to the start of this year.
> These were done in the previous version of Mint (Celine).  I don't know what
> version of gnucash.
> I've had to upgrade my computer, so saved the data files to an external
> drive. My new version of Mint is 'Daryna', and gnucash is now 2.2.1.
> I've opened my data file, but unhappily can only see this year's or late
> last year's (mid November) transactions in the ledger.

You don't say which ledger interface you're using.  Are you using
an Account Register (double-clicking on an account in the Account
Tree)?  Or are you using the General Ledger from under the Tools
menu?  If the latter, then yes, it will only show transactions within
the last.. Month, I think.. by default.

In either case, you can adjust the dates under the View menu.

> However, reports pick up all transactions. The accounting year is set to
> absolute 1 Jan '07 - 31 Dec '07.

That's good.  That means the transactions are all still there.

> Please, how can I get to see all transactions for the period. I do need to
> edit some of the earlier ones.

Set the View Date region.