older transcations not shown in ledger

Peter Dodwell petrus1928 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:22:44 EST 2008

Hi gentlemen!
Problem solved!  Hallelluia!!!
I noticed that on entering transactions into a new file, entries disappeared
from the top of the transaction page as I entered new ones. Checking further
in Preferences -> Register defaults, I found that the lines setting was the
same as the number of displayed transactions in the open register. Not
knowing the ramifications of this setting, I had entered a number thinking
that I'd somehow enhance the program. On checking the help manual (which I
should have done before I fiddled with the settings) i find that I should
have left each setting at 0. Mea culpa!!!
That'll learn me!  I regret that I've created a puzzle for you, and I most
sincerely apologise.
Thanks anyway for your help in trying to set an old fool straight

regards

petrus