someone with java programming knowledge willing to modify gnucash2qif to generate scheduled transactions correctly?

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 17 14:26:25 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 03:04:23PM -0600, Alan Hartless wrote:
| I would if I had the programming knowledge!  I'm a web programmer, not
| a software programmer.

Unless you are referring to static documents, web applications are
still software :).

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:54:54AM -0600, Alan Hartless wrote:
| I use gnucash2qif to sync gnucash to my pocket pc (spb finance).  As
| it is, gnucash2qif 1.5 exports scheduled transactions as accounts
| which really really clutters up my accounts page since I heavily use
| scheduled transactions.

A first note:  the program is GnuCashToQIF ('to', not '2').  Hopefully
this will help the next person trying to find it using Google.
    http://gnucashtoqif.sourceforge.net/

| Thus my question is, would anyone with java programing experience be
| willing to correct this?  I don't even care if the scheduled
| transactions are imported at all.  It would be nice if they correctly
| get converted into scheduled transactions on my pocket pc, but I would
| rather not have them period if they are to be converted into accounts.

I took a look this weekend, and GnuCashToQIF ignores <gnc:schedxaction>
elements when loading the GnuCash file.  The input file I used was
generated by GnuCash 2.2.2.

Are you using an older version of GnuCash?  If so, how does that
version store the scheduled transactions in the file?

-Derrick

--
Failure is not an option.  It is bundled with the software.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org