GnuCash v2.21 - importing QIF file ...

zed zed at zed.net.nz
Wed Feb 20 01:38:32 EST 2008

For some time I have been using KMyMoney for my accounting needs.  I have
now changed over to the GNOME environment and decided to give Gnucash a
try but cannot import my account data files.

Firstly, I saved the KMyMoney files as QIF.  Loaded Gnucash and clicked on
Import.  Went to the directory in which the account file was and them
clicked on Forward.  It appeared to be importing but I then got an error
message:

QIF file parse failed.  Data for number or date does not match a known
format

The date format chosen for KMyMoney was the ISO yyyy.mmm.dd.  So I went to
preferences in Gnucash and chose that date format and tried the import
again, with the same resulting error message.

Can anybody on the list assist me with this problem, please.

I am using LinuxMINT v4.0

Regards from New Zealand on a very cool Wednesday evening.

Zed
--
zed

I took an IQ test and the results were negative.