I don't understand splits

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Wed Feb 20 14:06:50 EST 2008

Could someone please explain to me how to enter a transaction like this:

I buy four items at a store, each to be expensed to a different account.
I pay for the items 2/3 in cash and 1/3 by credit card.

Do I enter the transaction in the Wallet window or the CC window? Should
the primary line (before the split, where I have the name of the store)
have a debit or a credit amount? If there were no split then it would be
a credit (Tot Spend) amount.

--
"Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and
 resentment." -- Dale Carnegie