Advanced Portfolio Report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 22 12:21:00 EST 2008

hi,

Richard Ullger <rullger at ntlworld.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to include cash, dividends and interest in this report?
>
> I have a parent account for the broker/institution with a bank sub
> account for cash and stock sub account for each stock as per the
> concepts guide. Dividends and interest are received into the bank
> account and the bank account is used to fund purchases of the stock.
>
> I've tried to include the bank account in the account selection tab of
> the report options but the account is ignored.

Andrew S-W could answer this difinitively, but I think the answer
is no, this report only shows your commodity handlings, not your
cash holdings, too.  Keep in mind that your cash holdings don't
change in value due to price fluctuations, so there are no changes
in basis or cap gains/losses.  There's only interest income.