GnuCash 2.2.1 ...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 24 11:19:38 EST 2008

Quoting zed <zed at zed.net.nz>:

> Tell me, though, why did my attempt to install 2.2.3 from source fail?  I
> installed 2.2.1 from the LinuxMINT distribution CD.  So if the libraries
> were present, what caused the problems?

Because when you install the binary you only need the runtime libraries
of the dependencies, but when you build from source you need a full
development environment, which means you need all the build environment
packages for your dependencies.  For example, when you install the
gnucash binary all you need is your distro "guile" package, but when
you want to build you also need the "guile-devel" package.