crash when loading file - date related

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 4 10:59:19 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 2:14 AM, Cory Helfrich wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> After your previous response to Risto, I assumed the problem I
> raised was solved, so I updated my gnucash installation using fink
> selfupdate and fink update-all. Gnucash ran successfully today and I
> did have scheduled transactions this morning that "ran when file
> opened". BTW, I am running on an intel Mac using OS 10.4.11.
> However, when I run fink list gnucash2, I get:
>
> Information about 6710 packages read in 2 seconds.
>  i   gnucash2         2.2.2-5      Financial-accounting software
>  i   gnucash2-docs    2.2.0-2      Help files/documentation for
> gnucash2
>  i   gnucash2-shlibs  2.2.2-5      Financial-accounting software
>
> Do I have the version with the patch installed?

Yes. There's a split in fink revision numbers. For gnucash 2.2.2, -5
is the current 10.4 revision and -105 is the current 10.5 revision.
The fink realm decided that 10.5 could share the same repository as
10.4. But some packages need a 10.5-specific build. In order to make
sure that someone who updates from 10.4 to 10.5 can successfully
update their fink packages, there is a split revision numbers large
enough that the 10.4 tree revision numbers will never collide with the
10.5 numbers. (Meanwhile, there is a mechanism to keep fink users with
10.4 from seeing the higher revision number packages.)

Right now, the reason I set up separate revisions for 10.4 and 10.5 is
that I decided that managing finance-quote and its dependencies was
easier if I made gnucash use the system-installed version of perl.
Since Apple updated from Perl 5.8.6 in 10.4 to Perl 5.8.8 in 10.5,
gnucash requires separate package descriptions/revisions for the two
system versions.

> Thanks,
> Cory
>
> Cory Helfrich