Any Interest in Configurable Imbalance name

Jason Ahrens jason at cougarcorp.net
Fri Jan 4 11:18:48 EST 2008

Donald Allen said the following on 04/01/2008 7:00 AM:
> Yep, that's what I was saying above, except that I didn't express my

<snip>
> little of that). I think the underlying behavior is the real  issue
> and that's what needs to be addressed.

I actually don't mind the Imbalance accounts. Every now and then I screw
something up and notice that the Imbalance account has a non-0 balance,
so I have to fix something.

As long as the ability for accounts with an imbalanced transaction in
them, and finding those imbalanced transactions is easy, I'm happy. I
found the Imbalanced account a functional and obvious way to do this. I
do agree though that sometimes Gnucash seems a little too eager to
assign transactions into it (i.e.: When I'm still editing values in a
split and haven't finalized it yet... Though I think Gnucash assumes
that if I press "enter", it means I'm done...)

Jason