Setting up on-line banking - aqbanking

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jan 5 04:54:37 EST 2008

Brad, I can't help you much, but this sounds like a separate issue - a bug or
similar with Aqbanking.  I have found that it helps to start a new thread
with each new issue.  Even a new thread containing two questions will wind up
with only one being answered.

In answer to your questions:

I have gnucash 2.1.5 for Windows and have never had to install Qt separately.
Qt is the basis of the Linux KDE desktop, which I use under Linux.  It is
apparently not relevant to Gnucash, but only to Aqbanking, which came
installed by default on my Linux system when I installed KDE.  The message
does sound like a path issue.  At the moment, I don't have Gnucash for
Windows installed, so I can't check out my setup.

As for the location of the data, if you are using Windows XP or later, these
are multi-user systems, and user-specific files are located under C:
\Documents and Settings\<username>.  Some directories there, such
as "Application Data" are hidden.  To make them visible, go to "Folder
Options on one of the menus.  The files you are looking for are probably in
there somewhere.  If they aren't under your own user, have a look under "All
Users."

HTH,

Doug,
Registered Linux User.