Any Interest in Configurable Imbalance name

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Sat Jan 5 16:04:46 EST 2008

On 2008-01-05, Lincoln A. Baxter wrote:

> You know, I can live with... even like the Imbalance account.
> But when I have fixed all the splits, I would like to get ride of it.
> The functionality I would like to see, is the ability to remove the
> Imbalance account once all the imbalanced transactions (splits) are
> fixed.  The problem is, that you can't remove the account without
> deleting all the transactions, even when they are no longer referencing
> the imbalance account.  (at least this is how I have interpreted the
> warnings). Which I have heeded, because I DON'T want to loose the
> transactions.
>
> If the imbalanced transaction is subsequently balanced, than the
> transaction should no longer be listed in the split.  Then when all the
> imbalanced transactions are fixed, one could just delete the Imbalance
> account.

In my experience, deleting an _empty_ Imbalance-* account causes no
trouble at all.  Usually there isn't anything in it to correct,
because I see that name appear in the account field in one line of a
split transaction while I'm still editing it; by the time I've
finished editing it and switched to the Accounts pane to delete the
unwanted Imbalance-* that I know I'll find, there's nothing in that
account.