GnuCash under Windows

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 7 20:01:23 EST 2008

Fred Bone wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2008 at 13:47, Graeme Nichols said:
>
> [...]
>> The version of perl I have installed is from Activestate Ver 5.10.0,
>> Binary Build 1001, Dec. 18, 2007.
>>
>> I have looked through install-fq-mods.bat and it seems to my extremely
>> limited knowledge of .bat files that it is looking for a specific
>> version of perl. Is that correct?
>
> Yes. Specifically, 5.8.anything or 5.6.anything.
>
>> On the ActiveState web site there are two different versions of perl
>> available for Windows x86, 5.10.0.1001 and 5.8.8.822.
>>
>> Which version should I install?
>
> The latter. FWIW, I have 5.8.8.820.
>
> Alternatively, you can get it to accept 5.10 by inserting these lines
> into the BAT file ahead of the line starting "perl -e":
>
> set _haveperl58=1
> goto ccp
>
> This bypasses the test. I have no idea what will happen later on if 5.10
> proves incompatible: you're on your own.
>
> It would probably be more helpful if the error message from the BAT file
> were to mention the currently-acceptable version(s) of Perl.

Thank you very much Fred. I will try the additional lines first. If that
causes a problem I will install 5.8.

I am not on my WinXP machine at the moment. Will try tonight.

Thanks again,

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)
-   Unix is not an 'Ah ha!' experience, it is more a 'Holy Cow!'     -
-                           experience.                              -
-                                           Colin McFadyen.          -