GnuCash under Windows

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 8 19:58:32 EST 2008

Fred Bone wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2008 at 13:47, Graeme Nichols said:
>
> [...]
>> The version of perl I have installed is from Activestate Ver 5.10.0,
>> Binary Build 1001, Dec. 18, 2007.
>>
>> I have looked through install-fq-mods.bat and it seems to my extremely
>> limited knowledge of .bat files that it is looking for a specific
>> version of perl. Is that correct?
>
> Yes. Specifically, 5.8.anything or 5.6.anything.

Hello Fred,

An update;

I inserted the extra lines to get 5.10.0 to run but it bombed out on the
PPD or whatever so I uninstalled 5.10.0 and installed 5.8 and it all ran OK.

Thank you very much for your help.

As you say, if the .bat file finds a version of perl on one's system but
it isn't the correct version it should say so and then say what version
it needs. Could have saved me a lot of trouble.

Thanks again.

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.