Another attempt to install Gnucash on Mac OSX 10.4.11

Mark Rosenthal mgtr at thewarren.vispa.com
Mon Jan 7 03:02:52 EST 2008

Since trying to load gnucash back in september I have finally got
round to trying this installation again. However I still get the same
result. The following is a report on what I did, can anyone suggest a
way forward?

sudo port uninstall gnucash
---> The following versions of gnucash are currently installed:
---> gnucash @2.2.1_1+guile16+without_docs (active)
---> gnucash @2.2.1_2+guile16+without_docs+without_ofx+without_quotes
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry

sudo port uninstall gnucash @2.2.1_1+guile16+without_docs
Password:
---> Deactivating gnucash 2.2.1_1+guile16+without_docs
---> Uninstalling gnucash 2.2.1_1+guile16+without_docs

sudo port uninstall gnucash @2.2.1_2+guile16+without_docs+without_ofx
+without_quotes
---> Uninstalling gnucash 2.2.1_2+guile16+without_docs+without_ofx
+without_quotes

sudo port install gnucash +without_ofx +without_quotes +without_docs
---> Installing gnucash 2.2.1_2+guile16+without_docs+without_ofx
+without_quotes
---> Activating gnucash 2.2.1_2+guile16+without_docs+without_ofx
+without_quotes
---> Cleaning gnucash

I then tried to run the resultant installation and got the splash
screen and it hangs at the point where it says: loading data.

I have looked for a .LCK file but cannot find one.

When I run the app from a bash shell I get the following output:

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
configure time.

Found Finance::Quote version 1.13

Please can anyone shed any light on this....

Regards

Mark