Balancing a budget

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Jan 8 13:03:21 EST 2008

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering if there is a way to generate a balanced budget.
>
>For example, how can I make sure that my total budgets expenses, and
>my total budgeted incomes are balanced ?

What do you mean by this? A "budget" is normally a projection of income
and expenses which can have a negative balance (aka "deficit budget"), a
positive balance, or have a zero net balance (aka "balanced budget"). If
your requirement is for a "balanced budget" then YOU have to adjust your
projected income and expense amounts to make it so. That beginning with
the amounts and finding out that you have a problem (deficit expected)
or joy (excess projected) is what budgeting is for -- a PLANNING device.

Understand? If you don't have any amounts that can be adjusted
(discretionary spending) then a deficit means you have a financial
problem. No automated system can make the HUMAN decision which
income/expense items are cast in stone and which you can adjust if
necessary. No software can do this for you.

Michael