Using GNUCash for business purposes

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Jan 12 17:12:00 EST 2008

At Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:48:23 +0900 "Colin" <cwildsmith at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed GNUCash on my Windows XP machine as a trial for
> helping me manage an up and coming small business, but am having trouble
> understanding how I would provide a quote to my customers.
>
> I can create an invoice but cannot find a way to create a quote. Is this
> possible?

I don't think so.

I don't believe a quote of this sort is really a financial transaction,
since no money changes hands.

> When I search for quote in the help files all I find is how to receive a
> quote for shares and find the same on the mailing list.
>

> Could someone give me some direction with this issue?
>
> Cole

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk