Upgrade Gotchas? (Especially FreeBSD)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 23:48:19 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:56 PM, Daniel Rucci wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>> On Jan 15, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Daniel Rucci wrote:
>>>
>>> Main problem is AQBanking is disabled since the latest version in
>>> ports is aqbanking-1.0.11. I spent a little time seeing if
>>> upgrading was trivial however the newer version of gwenhywfar
>>> seems to require some patching before it will build successfully.
>>>
>>> Now I am wondering if i tried getting aqbanking3 or aqbanking2 to
>>> run...
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>> aqbanking3 definitely won't help you with gnucash 2.x (yet, anyway,
>> but the changes to gnucash will take a bit of work).
>> Also, I think gwenhywfar3 will not work with aqbanking2. So for the
>> moment, your targets are gwenhywfar 2.6.2 and aqbanking 2.3.3.
>
> Yea I took a look at what I attempted and I was indeed incorrectly
> working on aq3 & gwen3.
>
> I Just finished testing my port updates for gwen, aq, and gnucash.
> Builds and installs all go fine. Was hoping to test ofx direct
> connect more but I can only get up to the point where Bank of
> Americas Ofx server tells me they don't support me. I read the wiki
> and ml on that issue so thats a task for another night...
>
> Dan

You might be out of luck with BofA. My understanding is that they have
switched to using the pseudo-second factor authentication for their
direct connect systems (not just the web interface like everyone else
so far). Libofx/aqbanking don't yet handle the security question. The
initial reason you get the "we don't support you" message is that BofA
checks the Quicken version that libofx is mimicing, and it isn't
recent enough. Intuit added security question handling last year, but
I think BofA is the first bank using it for Quicken direct connections.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net