Some General questions about GC

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 21:57:31 EST 2008

Quoting Richard Geddes <rich.geddes at verizon.net>:

> I've been using GC for my personal finances, and now I'm  setting up a
> business account to manage a small business.
>
> 1. Can I set both business and personal accounts in the same file, so
> that I can make transfers to/from my personal account from/to my
> business account... like when the business pays me(as if I'm an employee) .

You shouldn't do that.  They are different entities and should
have separate files.

> 2. Can I modify the font and spacing of the invoices?  I'd like too make
> the description field wider and the font smaller...  I'm providing
> services, and clients want some detail.

You mean the printable ones?  Yes, but only by editing the scheme
code that generates them.  The display format isn't really templated well.

> 3. I provide services and keep a daily log of activities for my billing,
> which right now is in oocalc.  The daily log gets into some detail for
> myself and the client as a combined report/billing document.  Can I
> somehow integrate the daily log with the billing capability of GC?

Unfortunately not really.

> 3. Can I modify the invoices so that there is a return receipt that can
> be torn off (assuming perforated paper)so the client can keep a copy for
> his records and send the return receipt with his/her payment?

Sure, but it would require hacking the scheme script that implements
the invoice.