Some General questions about GC

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 22:50:55 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Richard Geddes <rich.geddes at verizon.net>:

> I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and I found the following scheme files in a
> gnucash related directory:
>
> ----/usr/share/gnucash/scm
> $0> ls
[snip]

> would one of these be the file to modify for tweaking printable invoice
> output?

Nope.

For the "Printable Invoice" you want invoice.scm, which would be
/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/invoice.scm

> I also noticed there a subdirectory called gnumeric.  Does GC have hooks
> for gnumeric?  Maybe I can use gnumeric instead of oocalc.

No, not really.  Honestly, I'm not sure what that is.  It has
"gnumeric-utilities.scm" and "table-utils.scm", but I'm afraid
I have no idea what they're for.  But no, gnucash doesn't have
gnumeric hooks.

> Thanks
> Richard

-derek