reversed printouts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 23 11:54:05 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Ian Holliday <ianholliday at blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Thanks for pointing me to the bug report Josh, but the suggestion there to
> switch off advanced options didn't work. On a different mailing list I saw a
> similar report about old HP printers under XP and the advice there was that
> it was the inability of the older drivers to handle the XP printer commands
> correctly, and the solution recommended was to get a new printer. I've just
> tried the export to HTML solution and it worked fine, so that's the
> workaround. Directing output to a PDF file works OK. Using PDFCreator
> produced an immediate crash of gnucash when I first tried it, but I've just
> tried it again and it also produces inverted, back-to-front, badly
> struck-out text, so maybe the problem can't be blamed on the printer after
> all.

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, if you use GnuCash
to create a PDF it works fine.  But if you print to a printer and choose
the PDFCreator printer then it fails?

> I'm pretty sure the printer worked OK under older versions on gnucash. I've
> been using gc for about six months. I only occasionally want printouts
> though, so I'm not sure when the issue arose.

unlikely.. 2.2 is the first version to support windows, and as far as
I know this issue has always been there, but it only happens to SOME
people.  It's unclear why it happens to some people and not others.