Possible problem with splits

Heather J. Daley gnucash at joyful.limedaley.com
Thu Jan 24 12:55:44 EST 2008

Well, I was in the middle of writing a reply when Derek already replied.
I memo splits all the time and they work fine.  But his bringing to
attention the difference between Description and Memo seems to be the
whole thing.  If your Description is "Deposit" then you'll see in account
4 that this transaction was a part of a deposit.  When you open split
view, you can see your memo about the details.  I'm actually amazed that
you've never put a memo on a split before - if I didn't do that I'd have
no idea why I split the transaction in the first place...

-Heather