Possible problem with splits

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:14:13 EST 2008

On 1/24/08, Heather J. Daley <gnucash at joyful.limedaley.com> wrote:
> his bringing to
> attention the difference between Description and Memo seems to be the
> whole thing.  If your Description is "Deposit" then you'll see in account
> 4 that this transaction was a part of a deposit.  When you open split
> view, you can see your memo about the details.

there has been some discussion recently about the best way to display
splits, and I might interject here that ideally I'd like to display
details when there's a txn description, even on an un-split txn... I
often have "obsolete" txn descriptions carry through via an auto-fill
and not notice them because I deleted the memo without examining the
split detail. No huge deal, but it's nice to be aware of the txn data
that's getting stored, without having to display the full detail
general register for everything.