Missing OFX import from 2.2.3 in Ubuntu Hardy repository

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:01:45 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 3:02 PM, Ronal B Morse <rbmorse at comcast.net> wrote:
> Do we know how to contact the individual who packaged 2.2.3 for Ubuntu
> Hardy (8.04 alpha)?  I can't import .OFX files (menu selection not
> present) since installing the last update. I need to know if he
> omitted .ofx inport when he built the package or if I screwed something
> up on my end.
>
> Ron Morse

I don't have your answer - but I suspect one of the GnuCash developers
will have no problem answering your question after this ...

Following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki and using the EXACT
same GnuCash source I created a version on 7.04 with OFX import
and a version on 8.04 without OFX import in the menu.  How is that
possible?  Just a guess but ...

My old 7.04 system has a nearly a years worth of adding dev tools
for a wide variety of projects and my work.  8.04 is basically a clean
install which only has what we were told to add and I suspect what
Ubuntu thinks is required.  However something is missing from the
dependency list.  The instructions follow:

sudo apt-get install build-essential checkinstall guile-1.6-dev
guile-1.6-slib libgoffice-0-dev libgtkhtml3.14-dev texinfo gettext
intltool libtool swig
./configure
make
make install