Missing OFX import from 2.2.3 in Ubuntu Hardy repository

Ronal B Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 01:00:53 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 21:01 -0600, Richard Mancusi wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2008 3:02 PM, Ronal B Morse <rbmorse at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Do we know how to contact the individual who packaged 2.2.3 for Ubuntu
> > Hardy (8.04 alpha)?  I can't import .OFX files (menu selection not
> > present) since installing the last update. I need to know if he
> > omitted .ofx inport when he built the package or if I screwed something
> > up on my end.
> >
> > Ron Morse
>
> I don't have your answer - but I suspect one of the GnuCash developers
> will have no problem answering your question after this ...
>
> Following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki and using the EXACT
> same GnuCash source I created a version on 7.04 with OFX import
> and a version on 8.04 without OFX import in the menu.  How is that
> possible?  Just a guess but ...
>
> My old 7.04 system has a nearly a years worth of adding dev tools
> for a wide variety of projects and my work.  8.04 is basically a clean
> install which only has what we were told to add and I suspect what
> Ubuntu thinks is required.  However something is missing from the
> dependency list.  The instructions follow:
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential checkinstall guile-1.6-dev
> guile-1.6-slib libgoffice-0-dev libgtkhtml3.14-dev texinfo gettext
> intltool libtool swig
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> -rich
You need to install libofx3 as well, but maybe there is something else,
too.

8.04 is WAY different from previous Ubuntu releases, and it's still
cooking.  I've maintained my 7.10 installation in which GnuCash works
fine, so I guess I'll wait it out, however, I will file a bug against
8.10 in the morning just to get the problem on the official record.

Ron Morse