Gnucash data files location

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jan 27 03:40:12 EST 2008

I am still happily using Gnucash version 1.8.11. My understanding at the
time that the version after that came out was that one would now be
forced to use double-entry bookkeeping and I didn't find that necessary
for the purposes for which I was using Gnucash (just tracking bank
accounts and shares).

A query's recently arisen in my mind about the location of my Gnucash
data files. I'd like to move them from their current location in my home
directory to a different drive. I looked through the various menus and
at the documentation that came with Gnucash, but couldn't spot anything
about how to specify the location of one's data files.

If anyone's prepared to answer a question about so ancient a version of
Gnucash, I'd be very grateful to be told how to specify an alternative
location for my data files.

Thank you for reading this,

Leslie

--
Visit http://stumblng.tumblr.com
An Australian lawyer's tumblelog about things (some legal, most not)