[OT] Any DnB Nor bank account users needing QIF converter here? - dnbnor2qif Ruby script

Kent Dahl kentda at pvv.org
Tue Jul 1 17:13:45 EDT 2008

On ti., 2008-07-01 at 22:48 +0200, Yvan Strahm wrote:
> I just try it and on a mac 10.5.4, it doesn't work.

There are other incoming reports that it fails on Mac as well, but with
seemingly other problems than the one you're reporting here.

> I get lot of "ERROR: Problem with transaction, skipping."

This means that one of the fields were not read properly. Usually it
pertains to either date, credit or debit, which are the most critical
and fragile values. (Date and currency formats - *shudder*)

Are you using the DnBNOR website in the English mode they introduced not
too long ago, and not Norwegian? I've only tested it in Norwegian
myself, and you might be getting a different set of table headers (that
I wouldn't recognize in current version, hence not know what is date,
credit and debit). This would explain total failure on all transactions
atleast.

> As i dont' know ruby, could you please  tell me what do I need to make
> it work
>
> ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]
> roo-1.0.1
>
> And I run the script like that
> ruby  dnbnor2qif.rb -c convert -i ../tr12017487270_0_172008.xls -o
> test.gif

This all looks honky-dorey and A-OK to me. I'll see if I can't get a new
version out later this week, with a debug option at minimum to get you
further, and hopefully a fix.

Note I won't spam this ML with package releases (only the occasional
major release); monitoring the package on rubyforge is probably the best
way to get notified. See the letter-icon on package download page. You
need to be logged in to start monitoring:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/dnbnor2qif/
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=6571

--
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>