account disappears

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 2 08:59:26 EDT 2008

"Yvan Strahm" <yvan.strahm at gmail.com> writes:

>     What do you mean by "disappears"?
>
> vanishes ;-)
> only the .log and .xac related files remains on the volume. here the file is
> called dnbnor
>
>     Can you show the directly listing before and after?
[snip]
> .

Anything interesting printed into /tmp/gnucash.trace?
Honestly, all I can imagine is that you're using a FAT filesystem
and GnuCash's save mechanism is doing something that the FAT
driver doesn't like.  I just can't imagine WHAT it would be
doing, but perhaps the link(), create_new(), rename() isn't
really working right on FAT?

This only happens on your thumb drive?  What happens if you
reformat your thumb drive as EXT instead of FAT?  Does it
still happen then?