account disappears

Yvan Strahm yvan.strahm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:02:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> "Yvan Strahm" <yvan.strahm at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >     What do you mean by "disappears"?
> >
> > vanishes ;-)
> > only the .log and .xac related files remains on the volume. here the file
> is
> > called dnbnor
> >
> >     Can you show the directly listing before and after?
> [snip]
> > .
>
> Anything interesting printed into /tmp/gnucash.trace?

* 22:50:33  CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c'
failed
* 22:50:33  CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion `c'
failed
* 22:50:38  WARN <gnc.backend> [file_session_end()] Error on
g_unlink(/Volumes/FlashDisk/Gnucash/dnbnor.LCK): 2: No such file or
directory

> Honestly, all I can imagine is that you're using a FAT filesystem
> and GnuCash's save mechanism is doing something that the FAT
> driver doesn't like.  I just can't imagine WHAT it would be
> doing, but perhaps the link(), create_new(), rename() isn't
> really working right on FAT?

yes it is FAT formatted

> This only happens on your thumb drive?  What happens if you
> reformat your thumb drive as EXT instead of FAT?  Does it
> still happen then?

I don't know if macosx can mount a EXT formatted partition, but this
behaviour doesn't occurs when gnucash is running on the hard drive (so far),
I will update the file from there from now on.

Thanks a lot for the help
cheers
yvan