Asset Disappeared

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:13:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Matt McCormick <mattmccor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at your attachment but perhaps the problem comes from the
> automatic stock quotes.  Maybe only one of the accounts gets updated.
>
> Anyways, the transactions are:
>
> In Brokerage Account 1 - I bought 10 shares of the stock on Jan 9, 15
> shares on March 3 and 13 shares on March 17.
>
> Then in Brokerage Account 2 - I bought 1 share on March 7 and then received
> a dividend which was automatically re-invested on May 30.
>
> If I delete the two transactions from Brokerage Account 2 for this stock,
> then the Balance Sheet, Assets, and Net Worth charts return to normal.
> However, if I have transactions under Brokerage Account 2 for this stock,
> the stock shows a blank value on the Balance sheet (for any date after the
> transaction date) and total Assets also show just '$'

Was it is just the reports that were wrong, or were the figures incorrect in
the register too?  Do you remember what the "price source" was when you ran
the reports? Are the cash balances at both brokers denominated in USD?

I'm glad you found a workaround, but I'd like to find this bug and document
it. Hopefully it can be fixed without too much trouble.

Cheers,
Charles