GnuCash 2.2.5 Compilation Cookbook for Ubuntu Hardy Heron (simplified)

Tony Nelson tonyn at openlearning.com
Sun Jul 6 13:53:46 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I loaded a fresh Ubuntu Hardy Heron system this morning so I could
confirm Derek's suggestion to use the "apt-get build-dep" command
instead of manually loading all of the dependencies.  It worked
perfectly.

My new, simplified GnuCash compilation cookbook follows.

Regards,
Tony

GnuCash 2.2.5 Compilation Procedure on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

1) Download gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz

2) Place in temporary desktop folder (Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source)

3) $ gunzip gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz

4) $ tar xvf gnucash-2.2.5.tar

5) # apt-get build-dep gnucash

6) $ cd Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source/gnucash-2.2.5

7) $ ./configure

8) $ make

9) # make install

10) Delete temporary desktop folder (Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source)