Modified US "Tax Report & TXF Export" report - need testing help

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:56:02 EDT 2008

To a potential testing volunteer,

I've made some changes to the existing US "Tax Report & TXF Export"
report and am ready to submit it as a patch. However, I personally
don't use tax preparation software that takes TXF file input so I
can't test that all the way through to the receiving program. I have
tested the new report to determine that it generates the same TXF file
output as the old report but with some intentional differences.

I am ready to submit the new report but would like someone who uses
this kind of output file to help me test my report in the next week or
so. If anyone wants to volunteer, please contact me directly. You
don't need to be a programmer and the testing won't in anyway
jeopardize your system or data. You also don't need a separate
development environment or anything like that. We can communicate
directly to set the report up on your system (easy to do), run it on
your data, generate the output file and input it into your tax
software, noting any problems along the way. You don't have to share
any personal data with me at all. My objective is to get the output
file to be at least as good as the prior report's output.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alex