CREDIT CARD OPENING BALANCE

Xeena Wallington xeena at tiscali.co.za
Mon Jul 14 08:14:13 EDT 2008

I have decided to enter all transactions since 1 Jan 2008 but at that date my credit card had a CREDIT balance - therefore when I make a purchase that minus balance should go down, that is all well, but when I make a transfer from my current account, it is treated as if that was an overdraft instead of a credit balance.  i.e. -R10 000 credit balance, R100 000 transfered from current account SHOULD mean a new balance of -R110 000, but instead it goes to R90 000.  How can I solve this problem?

Also, how does one change the register to use a period (full stop) instead of a comma for decimal point?  It is rather irritating that I can't find a way to change this and there is only a full stop on my number pad, no commas.

Thanks