Invoice help

Mon Jul 14 20:10:06 EDT 2008

   I believe I am doing something wrong. Could someone please help correct
   the errors of my ways.

   I am using GNUCash 2.2.5. I create a new invoice, select the customer,
   and job, enter the details to the invoice - date (in the past - trying
   to catch up on my accounts for the year), description, action, income
   account (Income:Contracts), Quantity, Unit Price, and select a tax
   table. All is good at this point. I enter the transaction.  When I POST
   the invoice, the invoice details are still intact, it posts the
   invoices to each of the accounts (Assets:Accounts Receivable,
   Income:Contracts, and Liabilities:GST:GST Payable), but each balance in
   these accounts is $0.00.

   I've been fighting with this all day. I got it to work correctly once
   after creating a bunch of bogus invoices, but then started a new
   account set and deleted the bogus account version. I haven't been able
   to get it to post correctly again. Please any insight would be greatly
   appreciated.