Invoice help

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 14 20:21:42 EDT 2008

Hi,

>   I believe I am doing something wrong. Could someone please help correct
>   the errors of my ways.
>
>   I am using GNUCash 2.2.5. I create a new invoice, select the customer,
>   and job, enter the details to the invoice - date (in the past - trying
>   to catch up on my accounts for the year), description, action, income
>   account (Income:Contracts), Quantity, Unit Price, and select a tax
>   table. All is good at this point. I enter the transaction.  When I POST
>   the invoice, the invoice details are still intact, it posts the
>   invoices to each of the accounts (Assets:Accounts Receivable,
>   Income:Contracts, and Liabilities:GST:GST Payable), but each balance in
>   these accounts is $0.00.
>
>   I've been fighting with this all day. I got it to work correctly once
>   after creating a bunch of bogus invoices, but then started a new
>   account set and deleted the bogus account version. I haven't been able
>   to get it to post correctly again. Please any insight would be greatly
>   appreciated.

Check your currencies.   I would bet that your Customer Currency
doesn't match the Account Currencies.

The invoice uses the currency of the Customer, but the currency is
cached when you select the customer.  If you later change the
customer currency the already-created invoice will not see that
change.  To update the invoice's currency you need to re-edit the
invoice and re-select the customer.