QFX Error when Importing Investment Accounts

Lee Biernbaum leebier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 19:46:18 EDT 2008

I am having trouble importing QFX files from my two brokerage accounts. When
I try to load the QFX file gnucash gets through the step of asking me which
gnucash account(s) matches the QFX files and then I get a standard Windows
(XP) "... has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message, the
gnucash.trace is below but it does not always contain anything (though when
I just tried now, there is more info).

Notes:
- gnucash 2.2.5 (win32)
- this is my first time importing an ofx statement for these accounts
- the accounts exist in gnucash and are properly filled up to the start date
of the statement (imported from another program and tweaked until they were
right)
- QFX import worked properly for my bank and credit card accounts

I imagine you will need more information but I'm not sure what else to
volunteer at this point.

http://pastebin.com/m3666e18f
*   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2226 bytes.
The identifiers might not be very random.
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed: Invalid
window handle.
*   CRIT <gnc.import> [ofx_proc_transaction_cb()] WRITEME: GnuCash
ofx_proc_transaction():Add PAYEE and ADRESS here once supported by libofx!

Thank you,

Lee