several clients one payment

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Tue Jul 22 21:15:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 07:02:02PM -0300, Laboratorio Verónica Gómez wrote:
> I guess this isn't a frequent situation, but is there any way to match
> one single check payment against several invoices from more than one
> client at a time?
> I've configured different clients with separate invoices because they
> have different billing terms, but they usually pay through an
> 'intermediate' client  with just one check for all of them. The FIFO
> order for paying several invoices is not useful for me because the
> differences in billing terms (some invoices are paid sooner than
> others). Any help?

you could use an intermediate account to collect payments from the
different clients and then make one transfer from the intermediate
account to your checking account.

you would have to record each client's payment individually into that
intermediate account, but then the transfer from the intermediate
account to your checking account could be one transaction. It would
then better match the bank statement.