Initializin GNU Cash

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:41:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Jim Douglas <jdz99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have an S-Corp and want to use GNU Cash.
>
> What is the best way to initialize the software?  Are there any template
> files that will create the accounts?

Don't know what version you're using, but in 2.2.5 you can start GnuCash
then do File->New->New File. GnuCash will then offer to help you create an
initial chart of accounts.

Or, if you've already started creating a chart of accounts, go to your
account tab then click File->New->New Accounts Hierarchy.

-Charles