Unable to update quotes

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 27 10:47:36 EDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 8:45 AM, Ryan Claycamp wrote:

> I haven't been able to get new quotes for most of my securities since
> 11 July.  When I open the Price Editor window and run Get Quotes, I
> get a screen with "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items: [list]
> Continue using only the good quotes?" I have a fund from the Thrift
> Savings Plan and it updates fine.
>
> The funds in question all use USA as a price source.  When I run
> 'gnc-fq-dump usa KO' the data appears, but the date is 00/00/2000.
> Did something change at one of the price sources after 11 July?
> Anyone else having this problem?  What other tests should I run?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

It looks like yahoo usa changed their date/time request behavior
similar to what they did in Europe earlier this year. It's really a
finance-quote issue. If you add "d1" between "l1" and "c1" in the
@FIELD_ENCODING  definition in  Finance/Quote/Yahoo/Base.pm in your
perl tree, it will work.

Finance::Quote did pick up an additional maintainer earlier this year,
but I haven't seen any new releases with bug fixes yet. If we're
lucky, this latest change in Yahoo/usa will make it possible to merge
the fixes that have been proposed for the European quote issues from
earlier this year.

Dave
--
David Reiser