GNUCASH IN ENGLISH

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 30 09:58:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Alexander von Pinoci <avpinoci at gmail.com>:

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
> I am trying to get away from Windows and us Linux, but am getting very
> frustrated.
>
> I am in Italy, and when I load Gnucash, everything is in Italian.  That
> is fine for Italian accounting, but I need to do US accounting.  SO HOW
> DO I GET THE PROGRAM TO WORK ONLY IN ENGLISH?

GnuCash uses your computer's locale to choose what language environment
to display to you.  This is normally considered a feature, because generally
people want a program to honor your local system locale.

If you want to run it in different locale, as if you were in the US locale,
then you need to set that in the environment when you run gnucash.  For
example, to run it in a US-English UTF8 environment you could do:

  env LANG=en_US.UTF8 gnucash &

> Thanks,

You're welcome.