wiki was: Register Column Widths

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:49:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> This underlines a previous discussion that the wiki needs some work. N one has
> yet stepped forward to edit the wiki.
> I admit that I can write documentation if the facts are provided (and I don't
> write code)
> and like the rest of Gnucash users with my skills, I'm keeping them hidden
> like a light under a bushell.
> Any volunteers with time to start a wiki edit to supplement those FAQs with a
> version which uses the benefits of the wiki system to navigate them?

Hi -- I've installed mediawiki for a couple of web sites but have not
(yet?) become adept in the subtleties of it. (Nor do I have much spare
time at the moment, but that doesn't mean I won't find this challenge
more interesting than my current work.)  :-)

Can you describe what "benefits of the wiki system" you are thinking
of, or point to a place that has the enhancements you are hoping to
see in the GnuCash FAQ?

Alternatively you could create a scratch page under your name in the
wiki to experiment and/or show the FAQ page formatting you're thinking
of. Once the differences become clear it might require a
search/replace to the page source.