Payable Aging Report Totals column produces error

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:17:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Gene <genestairs at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Well, I installed the desktop full version of 2.25 and received the
> > same error.
> > This did generate a gnucash.trace file, and here's the contents,
> > however I have no idea what it means....
> >
> > *   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2441 bytes.
> > The identifiers might not be very random.
> > *   WARN <gnc.app-util> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
> > process (No such file or directory)
> > *   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed:
> > Invalid window handle.
> > *   WARN <Gdk> gdkselection-win32.c:1068: OpenClipboard failed:
> > Invalid window handle.
>
> Unfortunately it means absolutely nothing.
>
> If the report actually had an ERROR it should have printed it out
> to the trace file...   Or the console.  But there is no console
> on win32 so anything printed _there_ gets lost.

The error is probably happening in the report's Scheme code. If you could
see console output, there would be a nice set of debugging messages that
would really help.

I wonder if the result would be any different if you launched GnuCash from a
DOS-style command prompt, rather than from an icon.

Derek, when I get a second I'll see if I can figure out a way to get Scheme
backtraces directed to gnucash.trace instead of (or in addition to) the
console. That sure would help sometimes.

-Charles